Monday, April 27, 2015

Birth Story

My Birth Story
 
 
 
On this Tuesday I had class at 10:30 and then went to meet my mom to get our toes done, since I was getting induced the next morning! We made jokes the whole time about me going into labor because of the wives tale, "getting a pedicure will put you into labor". I was having minor contractions through-out the whole pedicure. Once we we're done, I was going home to make sure I had everything ready to bring my sweet baby home, however, Dawson had other plans. As I was walking to my car I felt water run down my leg.. I had to pee really bad so I just thought I had peed a little. I called my mom and told her just to meet me at my house because I thought MAYBE my water had broke. On the way home contractions got worse and they were 3-4 minutes apart! Once mom got to the house my water really broke and I knew it wasn't "just pee". We rushed to the hospital, called all of our family we wanted there!
We got to the hospital around 2 p.m. and finally got into a room around 2:30 p.m.! My contractions didn't get awful until I was about 5cm (which took FOREVER). I was told at the beginning of my pregnancy I  wouldn't be able to receive an epidural because of some back issues I have, but luckily I was able to get one and got it at 7cm.
Then things took a little turn for the worst. Dawson's heart rate was dropping with every contraction but not coming back up like it was supposed to. My nurses tried moving me in every direction thinking he was laying on the cord. After about an hour or so of flushing water back up and moving me around his heart rate just got lower and lower. So they called for an emergency C-Section. I was terrified.. I originally wanted an all natural birth, no epidural, nothing.. so after getting an epidural I was set on having a normal birth. I don't know if I was more scared because my plans had changed or because I wanted my baby to be ok and I was afraid he wasn't. My dad came in and prayed with me and Jake while they were getting my mom dressed to go back with me. Since my mom is a nurse and this was my first pregnancy I chose her to go back into the operating room with me.
The few minutes we we're back there seemed like years, All I wanted was to feel my legs, hold my baby boy, and see Jake. They finally laid my 7 pound 8 ounce 20 inches long little boy on my chest at 11:59 pm on February 24, 2015. He was the most perfect human being I had ever seen. And he was all ours. He was coming home with us and I would never have to give him back.
Although my labor didn't go as planned and we were terrified I would do it over a thousand times just to have our little boy in my arms again. I love him more and more everyday and I am in awe of watching him grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment